Causes of Adult Acne
Article by Adult Health Care Center
© Jennifer Greenwood (2019-04-08)
© Jennifer Greenwood (2019-04-08)
Internal Causes of Acne in AdultsInternal causes of acne in adults can be really malicious and mean - you just don't know where they come from!
If external causes of acne are predictable to some extent, internal causes of acne can really appear without a reason - it can seem that you obey all hygiene rules, you have a shower regularly and after having a sports training, you are quite aware of content of cosmetic that you use and don't use too many different scrubs, but anyway acne spots appear again and again.
Internal causes of acne
- Hormones. Hormones associated with acne are called androgens. These are originally men hormones, but all women have them to some extent. And in particular you are likely to have high level of androgens if you are in your adolescence. Some hormonal preparations also can increase level of hormones in your body - namely birth control pills. Usually androgens are responsible for sebum production which can be named as the next cause of skin acne.
- Sebum production. Hormones can boost function of sebum glands located throughout your body and evolving sebum (or oil or grease). High sebum production can be too much for the skin and in this case oil does not only lubricate the skin (i. e. kind of making a protective layer on the skin) but also fills skin pores, and in that way pimples appear, ugly outside and greasy inside.
- Bacteria. Propionibacterium acnes are bacteria living on a human skin. This germ can evolve biologically active substances that dissolve sebum. In this case skin becomes vulnerable and exposed to external contributors to acne. So here we can see symbiosis of external and internal causes of acne - an "internal" bacterium gives preconditions for external hazards.
- The fourth cause is related to some abnormal changes in follicles, which can be also related to hormones. Sometimes follicles grow too much so that acne can be formed from the walls of these skin pores grown too much.
External Causes of Acne in AdultsLet's now review external causes of acne in adults, meaning those which are not related to hormones or activity of sebaceous glands or any other organs (generally because of the same hormones' hyperactivity these glands also become hyperactive and their agitation causes generation of oil in large quantities, which provokes choking of pores and acne as a result).
External causes of acne
If you follow such a habit, you are going to trace a closed circle - squeezing an acne frequently leads to a new one (or several acnes, or something even worse like inflammations and even scars or skin pigmentation).
Adult Skin CareBad adult skin care is also one of common external causes of acne - especially for people who do some physical training or just live in hot countries. It is because sweat is one of the strongest triggers of appearance of acne.
The second group comprises of mostly environmental factors - high dustiness of working places, radiation, as well as unsound beauty aids, bad inheritance etc. In most cases these factors are very hard or even impossible to eliminate.
Nevertheless, one can always reduce causes of adult acne and prevent this skin problem. Prevention is easier than medication - this universal rule applies to acne as well. Of course, if you remove any factor that can cause acne and that depends on you - you will make a decisive step ahead in your struggle.
Makeup and AcneIs there any connection between makeup and acne? Yes, makeup is one of the causes of adult acne. It is not a kind of sensation or something. It is quite an established fact and all the people who are concerned about their skin products in particular and health in general know about the same. Here we talk chiefly about women, because surely all "makeup issues" concern women much more than men.
Acne caused by makeup
Acne Caused by MakeupActually the answer, as it happens frequently, simply lies on the surface. Taking care of your skin should not be an obsession, although it is in some cases with women. But nevertheless acne and "acne caused by makeup" in particular tend to appear if the adult skin care is deficient... or basically handless.
Such fumbling behavior regards mostly manual removal of acne, namely squeezing and picking. However, it is not related to our main topic, though it becomes very crucial because of almost same reasons.
What is non-obsessive skin care?
- Cosmetic mustn't be a life purpose. Of course it is good to look good, but there are cases when we don't make ourselves more attractive with makeup. Apart from the fact that your beloved person can fall in love with someone else when he finally sees you without maquillage, you may just spoil your skin in some way or another.
- It is not advised to use too many scrubs - they scrub your skin so much that it becomes too thin and vulnerable.
- Try to choose makeup for acne prone skin. And too fine powders are also not recommended - do you want these powders to get into all microscopic holes on your skin? Filling these holes (or pores or follicles) simply is the first stage of formation of acne.
SummaryDon't panic if you have a bad skin. Just think well about causes of adult acne and choose makeup for acne prone skin to prevent all those pimples.
Learn more about causes of acne and pimples
comments powered by Disqus
Acne and Skin Care
- Adult Hormonal Acne
- Adult Skin Care
- Herbs for Adult Skin Care
- Effective Treatment for Adult Acne
- How to Get Rid of Acne on Body
- How to Avoid Teen Acne
- Diet Plan for Acne Treatment
- Causes of Adult Acne
- Medications for Acne Treatment
- Acne Care Products
- Acne Medication Comparison